July 4, 2016

4th of July in Our Nations Capital


July 4th, 2016
Washington, D.C.

We had the opportunity to go and see my nephew, Hunter, in DC for the 4th of July.  He was interning as a lobbyist and he has a super adventurous spirit and even though he had only been there a short time, he knew he area incredibly well and was able to be our tour guide.  It was amazing.  The city was really alive and it was such a fun time to be there!

Watergate Hotel
 Our hotel was close to the Watergate hotel so of course I had to get a pic.  So cliche but what can you do... :)

Statue of Benito Juarez by the Watergate Hotel

Trees in bloom...because that is what I take pics of!

More flower pics!

My nephew Hunter and my handsome husband
My guy is letting his beard grow while he is in school.  I am not a fan of facial hair but I sure do find it appealing on him!
The Washington Monument


The National Mall

The Lincoln Memorial

It's so much bigger than I was expecting!

Hunter & Mike



We walked all over DC this day.  We saw pretty much everything except the White House...which none of us really felt the need to do. 
Vietnam War Statue

The beautiful park

Vietnam War Wall






World War II Memorial


After all the walking, we made our way to the 4th of July parade.  It was a lot of fun and being with my amazingly sweet nephew made it so much better!

Mike & Hunter

Hunter, me & Mike
We are planning a family escapade with my sister, Hunter's Mom, and the rest of their family next!  It should be pretty darn epic!








No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.