November 18, 2014

Upcoming Travels December - February


UPDATE:
Krakow Main Square in Winter
Well my good friend Courtney is visiting for Christmas and has asked me to go along with her to visit Krakow, Poland and the concentration camps of Auschwitz and Birkenau before she moves back to the States.  This is a trip that I have wanted to make but just haven't gotten around to it yet so I jumped at this opportunity.  I hear Poland is breathtaking in winter and I feel very humbled by being able to see the concentration camps and do some heavy duty praying and paying respects to the places that have seen so much pain and destruction.  We will be back in time to spend Christmas with my Jack and all our friends.

In January, many of the military wives that I have met here have decided to take a quick trip to Poland for the pottery.  I don't have any Polish Pottery up to this point and this is another definite "To Do" item.  I'm pretty excited for the next couple weeks/months!

Original Posting:

Right after Thanksgiving, the Christmas markets will begin here in Germany.  I could not be more excited.  I have heard people rave about winter in Germany and especially the Christmas markets!  I had a chance last January, when we got to Germany to have the gluhwein (glue-vine) or mulled wine with spices.  Sooooo tasty!  For sure I will get a chance to see the markets in Regensburg, Nuremberg, and Rothenburg which are some of the bigger ones and a bunch of the smaller ones too!

Nuremberg Christmas Market
For December, since my guy won't be able to travel far, we will be going to Pilsen, Czech Republic at some point for their beer spa!  Oh yes...we get to get into a tub full of beer and then drink to our hearts content!  What could be more fun I ask you?  Not much!

Pilsen is well known for its beer!
Last, it's been about 6 years since I was able to go to London.  I miss it often.  It's one of those places I can't get out of my system.  My friend, Orienna had plans to go see a couple of her friends there in January, for the new year...luckily she made the mistake of asking if I wanted to come along!  ;)  Even more lucky, my amazing husband loves me so much that he is letting me go and funding my adventure.  It will be so strange being in London without my Dani girl (my 2005/2006/2008 travel partner) but I know she will be there in spirit.  She has the most perfect little girl and a super love-able husband at home so she can't just jump on a plane and come travel with me like I want her to...but I understand...I guess!  :)


I always feel like God has some special love for me, due to the many blessings he gives to me daily, like health and happiness and a loving family, but sometimes it is overwhelming and I am profoundly grateful.  We are going to be able to do the Jack the Ripper Tour, have tea at Kensington Palace, see my good friend Jayesh, and of course do all the touristy stuff too!

Europe has been infinitely more fun than I could have even anticipated and I just don't know how I will ever leave...without my heart breaking that is!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.