May 18, 2014

Cirque du Soleil Quidam in Nuremberg


5/18/14

Our friends Jayde and Nick Antonio had tickets last night to Cirque du Soleil Quidam in Nuremberg, Germany.  Unfortunately, at the last moment they had to fly back to the States and didn't want their tickets to go to waste so my lovely friend, Orienna Fitzpatrick, and I stepped in.  Our friend, Marta Sylvia, also decided to go with us, so we made a girl night of it while Captain Jack and his buddies (to include our son, Keenan, who is visiting from Montana) went to Godzilla at the movie theater in Nuremberg.  The drive to Nuremberg is only about 50 minutes away so it was actually a quick and fun little drive.



The premise behind Quidam is this: "Young Zoѐ is bored; her parents, distant and apathetic ignore her.  Her life has lost all meaning.  Seeking to fill the void of her existence, she slides into an imaginary world - the world of Quidam - where she meets characters who encourage her to free her soul.

Quidam: a nameless passer-by, a solitary figure lingering on a street corner, a person rushing past and swallowed by the crowd.  It could be anyone, anybody.  Someone coming or going at the heart of our anonymous society.  A member of the crowd, one of the silent majority.  The one who cries out, sings and dreams within us all.  This is the "quidam" whom this show allows to speak.  This is the place that beckons - a place for dreaming and genuine relations where all quidams, by proclaiming their individuality, can finally emerge from anonymity."


It was the fifth Cirque I have seen, and while it was wonderful and I am truly happy that I got to see Quidam, it wasn't as visually colorful or spectacular as the others that I've been to.  Still, Cirque in Germany....is still pretty darn amazing!!!


The jump ropers started out fairly normal but ended up having around 20 jumpers all together in an impressively intricate routine.


The clown was called Boom Boom or Pow Pow or something close to that.  He was scary and I don't think I would want to dream of this guy!  Below is a publicity pic that shows him in more detail.


My personal favorite was the ribbon acrobat!  She was amazing and oh so lovely.


She made it look like it was dancing in ribbons.


Then we had a character named, Target, who just did some silly things for the most part but did a little dance with sparklers.


The second most impressive part, in my opinion, was the statue couple.  I'm not sure if that is what they are called but they moved slowly and deliberately and were very beautiful.


I didn't get a picture of the pose I loved the most which was when they made a cross with their bodies.  The woman was upside down on the man's back and they were in a cross form without holding on to each other.  Just suspended by the gravity of their own bodies.  This was impressive too.


Pretty sure Captain Jack and I could do that....never.


The rings were cool too of course.  These were some of the prettiest costumes I thought.  Then we had the had acrobat.  She was very good.  I saw a more impressive version in Ama Luna but this was a good mini show of that.


The group performances were fun too.  It was all pretty fun and I can't wait to do it again soon!







No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.