May 18, 2014

Road Trip to Prosecco, Italy: Part One


5/18/14

My good friend Orienna Fitzpatrick and I were talking about taking a road trip to the wine regions of Italy. Well, of course it sounded like a good idea to us, so we started planning it out.  Although, after I took a good look at my future travel this summer to Spain and Italy, I thought I had better simmer down and wait for a better time.

Orienna and our friend Brooke Farinelli decided they would go ahead with the plan and as they got a little more detailed about what this trip would look like, O realized she had a friend that lived about an hour away from the Prosecco region (in Caneva of Scile, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy), and perhaps her wonderful friend, Emily Kellam, would let us stay with her instead of getting a hotel room.  Well with that kind of savings...of course I was back in!!!

We will leave this Tuesday, May 20th and come back Friday, May 23rd.  We are going to drive and take our time in Salzburg, Austria and Italy.  Emily will be able to join us on our adventures as well! :)  We will alos be visiting a porcelain shop in Italy, which I am pretty excited about since it looks like lace and can be put in the dishwasher, microwave, and oven!

Here is a preview of the area we will be traveling through...


Very excited and more pictures to come!  I will actually post pictures of us ladies as well! *Warning* The pictures may be of slightly intoxicated ladies with large, empty, bottles of Prosecco surrounding us...just sayin...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.