August 10, 2014

An Afternoon in Erbendorf


8/10/2014

So Jack is in Turkey this week...lucky guy!  Actually he is there for work so I'm sure there is only going to be one fun day for him.  They do keep him busy!

After I got him off to the airport, I went over to my friends, Marta and Pete's.  Pete went on a bike ride while Marta and I made homemade jam while our dogs played.  We made plum with Pinotage wine and peach with Bourbon and vanilla.  They turned out pretty amazing and it was only the second time I've made jam.  The first time, I made it for a party and it was spicy pepper jam.  Jack made the unfortunate comment that Smuckers is the best and he didn't want any homemade.  He's really going to be jealous when I'm enjoying my toast!  :)


When we were all done, Marta suggested we go get milk.  Normally that might seem not at all exciting but normally you wouldn't get your milk from a vending machine!  It was amazing.  We drove 5 minutes to the outskirts of town to a farm.  On one side, they had the cows in the barn being milked and fed.  Next to it was a little cabin with a vending machine where you can get fresh milk 24 hours a day.  Only 1 Euro for a whole liter!

Happy cows in the barn!
The lovely Marta with her milk jar

I sure wish they had one of these in my town.  It's a 25 minute drive to go get a liter or two...but sooooo worth it.  I can't wait to go again...I may drink all the milk tonight just so I can go get more tomorrow!

Farm fresh milk!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.