August 20, 2014

Get Away to Greece: Part I


8/20/2014
Well, Jack got our trip to Athens booked today.  Honestly, I never believed we would be going to Greece.  I saw all the beautiful pictures and heard of our friends vacationing there but until we moved to Europe, it was just one of those distant, unobtainable dreams.


Jack, being the impressive guy he is, runs.  Not just for work (being a soldier) but also because he wants to remain as physically fit as possible in his day to day life.  His first marathon in 2010, he ran without training for.  He had never run more than 10 miles at one time in his life.  He ran it in 4 hours.  In 2011 he ran 4 half marathons and then ran his last in 2012.  He said that would be his last one...that is until we came to Europe and he had the opportunity to run the original in Marathon, Greece.  He claims this will be his final marathon...We'll see...

We get to stay for three full days and come back on the fourth so hopefully we will have plenty of time to travel to the other islands!  My heart beats fast just thinking about this trip!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.