August 13, 2014

Glamping in Slovenia: Part I


8/13/14
So on Monday the girls (Orienna, Marta, and Jayde) and I booked our little cabins at Lake Bled in Slovenia for August 29th to August 31st.

Unfortunately, Marta and I booked ours first and while they had four cabins with hot tubs left when we started, by the time we got ours into the system, they only had the cabins without hot tubs left.  I'm hoping that four people can fit into them at a time so we can all enjoy them.

Cabin with Hot Tub.  Picture from the website.
Luckily we are going at the end of August so it will still be warm out and we won't be sleeping in a wood cabin without a fire place in the middle of winter like in that picture!  Apparently there is a small restaurant close by, so if we really didn't want to cook, we can still get a good meal.  Our friends Marta & Pete have been here before and they really loved it so I'm really looking forward to it.  For a short clip on the beauty of Lake Bled, here is Rick Steve's take on this majestic area: Lake Bled.

It just so happens that Mike and I will be celebrating our 21st wedding anniversary while we are there since our happy day is August 27th!  This looks like a pretty amazing place to celebrate 21 years together.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.