August 3, 2014

Volksfest 2014


8/2/2014

Once a year Grafenwoehr has a Volksfest.  It's like a carnival for the German/American community.  We got the opportunity to wear our Lederhosen and Dirndles too!

 

My Captain Jack being a nerd...

We had so much fun with all our friends!  Mike, Keenan and I met up with our friends Amber & Steve, Sabrina & Curtis, and Jayde & Nick at our PX (Military department store) and took the bus to the fest.
Curtis & Sabrina
Amber & Steve
Sabrina
The ladies with just a little beer!
Nick & Jayde on a ride in the pouring rain!
 When we got there, we met up with our friends Orienna & Cary and our new friends Elaine & Tony!  We ate some really delicious gyros, funnel cakes, fried oreo's, and pork knuckles and drank WAY too much beer and wine.  But we had so much fun that we didn't even mind getting soaked in the rain and walking around in squishy shoes all night!  :)  I can't wait for next years Volksfest!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I hope you enjoy this blog and find it helpful to your own future travels. I also welcome those that just like to live vicariously through my wanderlust.

I encourage comments that will add to everyone's enjoyment and knowledge.